Mechanical – Week 11 Progress

We started and finished new bumpers for the robot as our last ones had suffered a lot of damage from matches. Our new bumpers were constructed with birch plywood and we used a heat-vinyl transfer machine to apply the iron-ons, so they should be much stronger. We also began designing shooter “arcade lights” using two polycarbonate half-tubes, one on each side of the shooter. We plan to have a 1 inch distance between the neopixels and the tube to diffuse the light and create a glowing effect.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *